Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi not displaying all connected devices

Robbyt69
Aspirant

Orbi not displaying all connected devices

Ok I’m on Firmware version 2.5.2.4 on my router and all satellites and I have a problem where many of the drives on network do not show up, either on the app or through the admin console under attached devices.
All the devices in question have IP addresses assigned and are working, so I can’t figure it out. It’s like it’s filtering out some of them, and this is mixed between wired and wireless connections.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi not displaying all connected devices

Any progress on this? 

FYI:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Connected-Devices-Not-Listed/td-p/2014658/jump-to/first-unread...

@Robbyt69 wrote:
Ok I’m on Firmware version 2.5.2.4 on my router and all satellites and I have a problem where many of the drives on network do not show up, either on the app or through the admin console under attached devices.
All the devices in question have IP addresses assigned and are working, so I can’t figure it out. It’s like it’s filtering out some of them, and this is mixed between wired and wireless connections.

Message 2 of 5
Robbyt69
Aspirant

Nope it’s still not displaying all my devices, even wired ones like my Raspberry Pi Homebridge server. They still have connectivity though, so it would be way worse if they had lost connectivity too. I’ll do a full factory reset when I can be bothered to configure everything again for the millionth time [eyeroll]
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

IF the reset doesn't work try more recent FW or revert back to v16. 

Message 4 of 5
flipflop49
Aspirant

I believe that you may have ipv6 enabled on those devices that are connected to the Orbi but do not seem to show up on the Orbi's "Attached Devices" list. If you disable ipv6 in the individual device's settings, reboot the device and then refresh the Orbi's "Attached Devices" list it will show up. 

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Any progress on this? 

FYI:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Connected-Devices-Not-Listed/td-p/2014658/jump-to/first-unread...

@Robbyt69 wrote:

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7