Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi not recognizing Satellite Router

JTramm
Aspirant

Orbi not recognizing Satellite Router

Why does my Orbi app say it does not recognize the Orbi satellite but the devices plugged into the satellite router are showing online and active?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8

Re: Orbi not recognizing Satellite Router

as in its not showing in the attached device list ?

Message 2 of 8
JTramm
Aspirant

Sorry, yes. When I login to my account. It shows connected but no satellites found. I've logged in from my Galaxy phone, iPad, and directly on the Orbi website. All 3 show the same. 

Message 3 of 8
JTramm
Aspirant

Also, I'm noticing that the light on the Orbi Satellite just pulses White and then after awhile turns off. It never goes to a different color. I've tried connecting it right next to the router, 20 feet away with no obstruction and 34 feet away in another room with a wall an dcloset door obstruction. 

Message 4 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Jtramm

If you haven't already try to factory reset the satellite and then re sync it in the same room as the router.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 8
JH_17
Aspirant

SOLVED Orbi not recognizing Satellite Router

I changed the name of my satellite (default was RBS50) to something else and the iOS app would show 0 satellites attached.   When I changed the satellite name back to RBS50, presto - app started recognizing it again.   

Message 6 of 8
Niki1001
Aspirant

I have the firmware V2.0.0.74 and the satellite is placed only 6 feet in sight. It does not show in the app and also does not connect. It worked befor the firmware upgrade RBR 50

Message 7 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Are both units on the same firmware version?

DarrenM

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7