Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi not showing devices in AP mode

biocoder
Aspirant

Orbi not showing devices in AP mode

Orbi RBR50 firmware V2.5.1.8 not showing any devices in AP mode.

I can see all the devices on the internet provider's router. It should have 2 satellites, many WiFI devices and network/ethernet connected devices. I've logged into the Orbi local web app admin and it shows 0 satellites and 0 devices. The mobile app shows only 2 satellites but 0 attached devices. Yes, i've rebooted the Orbi after setting up in AP mode.

Thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi not showing devices in AP mode

Get rid of  V2.5.1.8

Message 2 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Please try a factory reset and setup from scratch with the RBR and RBS.

How is the RBR and RBS connected? 

Are the RBS ethernet connected or wireless? 

@biocoder wrote:

Orbi RBR50 firmware V2.5.1.8 not showing any devices in AP mode.

I can see all the devices on the internet provider's router. It should have 2 satellites, many WiFI devices and network/ethernet connected devices. I've logged into the Orbi local web app admin and it shows 0 satellites and 0 devices. The mobile app shows only 2 satellites but 0 attached devices. Yes, i've rebooted the Orbi after setting up in AP mode.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

factory reset is for lost password

Message 4 of 12
biocoder
Aspirant

I forgot to mention that I did perform a factory reset because of this issue in an attempt to resolve it.
Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Is Daisy Chain enabled? Disable it if it is. 

You can try downgrading FW to v30 or give Voxels FW a try:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Voxels-FW-available-for-50-series-Orbi-only-available/m-p/1883...

@biocoder wrote:
I forgot to mention that I did perform a factory reset because of this issue in an attempt to resolve it.

Message 6 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You can try downgrading FW to v30 or give Voxels FW a try:

which do you think will be most effective?

Message 7 of 12
biocoder
Aspirant

I really don't know what action to take regarding firmware.

I did disable daisy chain. That allowed me to see devices connected to the router, RBR50, both hard wired and wifi. The mobile app shows all the devices too, but only specifically shows me that hardwired devices are connected to router. As for satellites, the web admin shows them as disconnected, but connected in the mobile app. Neither web nor mobile app shows the satellites have any devices connected to them even though I know they do based on the total number of devices actively connected on the network.

So disabling daisy chain got me closer to seeing activity, but there is still something definitely wrong. 

What specific FW version is v30, 2.3.5.30? What is the reason for considering moving to that version versus any other version?

Thanks.

Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Was the FW updated on the RBSs, they should be the same version of FW as on the RBR.

I would factory reset the RBR and RBSs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4
https://www.howtogeek.com/434350/how-to-factory-reset-a-router/

Leave off the RBSs. Setup the RBR from scratch and complete the configuration. After the RBR is setup. Take 1 RBS into the same room as the RBR. Turn ON the RBS, once the top ring LED is slowly pulsating WHITE, press the sync button on the RBR then on the RBS. Wait or the RBS to sync. Top ring should turn BLUE. Check the status on the RBRs web page. It should appear, if it does. Set a IP address reservation for it, then Turn OFF the RBS and get the 2nd RBS and do the same thing. Wait for it to sync. Check the status. It should appear. Set a IP address reservation for it as well. If both appeared in the RBR, turn off the RBS and place back in remote locations. 

30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Let us know if you can get this far

@biocoder wrote:

I did disable daisy chain. That allowed me to see devices connected to the router, RBR50, both hard wired and wifi. The mobile app shows all the devices too, but only specifically shows me that hardwired devices are connected to router. As for satellites, the web admin shows them as disconnected, but connected in the mobile app. Neither web nor mobile app shows the satellites have any devices connected to them even though I know they do based on the total number of devices actively connected on the network.

So disabling daisy chain got me closer to seeing activity, but there is still something definitely wrong. 

What specific FW version is v30, 2.3.5.30? What is the reason for considering moving to that version versus any other version?

Thanks.

Message 9 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@biocoder wrote:

Thanks.

Go to the download area and see if 2.3.5.30 is there

Message 10 of 12
biocoder
Aspirant

Yes, the firmware on the RBR and RBS is the same.

I will try to do a full reset again using the procedures you described later this weekend.

Thanks

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

You can try Voxels FW as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Voxels-FW-available-for-50-series-Orbi-only-available/m-p/1883...

Keep us posted. 

@biocoder wrote:

Yes, the firmware on the RBR and RBS is the same.

I will try to do a full reset again using the procedures you described later this weekend.

Thanks

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7