Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi not visible for Nefit Easy

FlorianM
Aspirant

Orbi not visible for Nefit Easy

Hi all,

I just got a smart thermostat installed, the Nefit Easy. If connected to the wifi, it allows you to set your room temperature through your smartphone. However, the thermostat is unable to find the Orbi network. Laptops and smartphones have no problems finding the network. 

Wifi security is WPA2-PSK and firmware v2.3.5.30. 

Does anyone know how to get the network visible?

Cheers,

Florian

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

I would check with the Mfr of this device for wifi support information and any information regarding MESH wifi. IoT Mfrs are not known well for there support of MESH wifi and single SSID name configurations seen with Orbi. 

Try this, Disable WPA security on the Orbi temporarily. Go in to the following section and uncheck "Enable 5Ghz SSID broadcast" check box. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Save settings and reboot the RBR. 

Try and see if your device will see the SSID name you set on the Orbi wifi. 

How do you have the SSID name on the Orbi configured? Any special characters or spaces? 

If the device seems to connect, try enabled WPA and AES again on the Orbi and then try the device with WPA enabled. 

Let us know what happens...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I would check with the Mfr of this device for wifi support information and any information regarding MESH wifi. IoT Mfrs are not known well for there support of MESH wifi and single SSID name configurations seen with Orbi. 

Try this, Disable WPA security on the Orbi temporarily. Go in to the following section and uncheck "Enable 5Ghz SSID broadcast" check box. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Save settings and reboot the RBR. 

Try and see if your device will see the SSID name you set on the Orbi wifi. 

How do you have the SSID name on the Orbi configured? Any special characters or spaces? 

If the device seems to connect, try enabled WPA and AES again on the Orbi and then try the device with WPA enabled. 

Let us know what happens...

Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FlorianM wrote:

Hi all,

I just got a smart thermostat installed, the Nefit Easy. If connected to the wifi, it allows you to set your room temperature through your smartphone. However, the thermostat is unable to find the Orbi network. Laptops and smartphones have no problems finding the network. 

Wifi security is WPA2-PSK and firmware v2.3.5.30. 

Does anyone know how to get the network visible?

Cheers,

Florian

Is the initial setup performed through your cell phone?  If so, does the cell phone have to be logged on a certain frequency (2.4 or 5G)?

Message 3 of 6
FlorianM
Aspirant

Followed your steps but no wifi shown yet, don't use special characters for the SSID. Initial setup is on the thermostat.

Decided to reactivated the wifi on the router of my internet provider and logged on to that network with the thermostat, the remote connect app seems to work now.

Message 4 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FlorianM wrote:

Followed your steps but no wifi shown yet, don't use special characters for the SSID. Initial setup is on the thermostat.

Decided to reactivated the wifi on the router of my internet provider and logged on to that network with the thermostat, the remote connect app seems to work now.

Doesn't sound like this is solved....??

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like your device may not be compatible with Orbi WiFi. Something to ask the mfr about. 

@FlorianM wrote:

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7