Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi not working after 5 months

My3esses
Guide

Orbi not working after 5 months

Woke up to no wifi today. Of course beyond the 90 days of support. Satellite seems to connect to unit (get blue light) but can not connect any phones, ipads, computers. Asks for orbi password but then just waits and pops up asking for password again. Unplugged/waited/plugged back in with no changes. Hit little reset button with no changes. Not the most tech savvy but please help!
Message 1 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi not working after 5 months

I think Orbis are set to self destruct soon after 90 days. Almost everyone loves it at first and has no issues and then it becomes a brick causing more trouble than it's worth.
Message 2 of 9
My3esses
Guide

A $300 brick??? Ugh. Is there no way to fix it? I can't even call them for support without paying!! 😡
Message 3 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Mysesses

Are you able to connect using etherenet? Have you logged into orbi with www.orbilogin.net and then checked the wifi settings?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 9
My3esses
Guide

DarrenM, I can't log in if I am not connected.
Message 5 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Can you connect a laptop via a wired connection?

DarrenM

Message 6 of 9
My3esses
Guide

My daughter is out right now with her macbook but I am not sure it has any ports that can connect it anyway. Its one of those new ones that has the new ports on it.
Message 7 of 9
My3esses
Guide

It is almost like our password isn't working. How can I change it without connecting?
Message 8 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Well the other option is to factory reset the unit and set it up again to do this just hold the reset button for 10 seconds on the back of the router.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7