Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi on sale at Bestbuy today!

Ely
Luminary
Luminary

Orbi on sale at Bestbuy today!

Bestbuy has the Orbi on sale today for just $292.99, I think that's a awesome deal, check it out:  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-orbi-ac3000-tri-band-whole-home-wifi-system-white/5577333.p?sku...

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 12
mumbles76
Star

Great deal if you can live with the misery of a non-functioning system.

Message 2 of 12
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@mumbles76 wrote:

Great deal if you can live with the misery of a non-functioning system.

I do understand that some people are having a lot of difficulty with it with some mysterious reboots or dropouts - however I have had great stability and coverage from the RBR3000 Orbi as I am sure a majority of buyers are. There is just no way that they could continue to stock these units everywhere if the majority of users where having such issues. Not to say that Orbi is perfect, they have a lot of work to do on stability and not introducing bugs with frimware updates, but that is not the same thing as saying that they are selling a non-functioning system.

Message 3 of 12
Mikey94025
Hero

I do understand that some people are having a lot of difficulty with it with some mysterious reboots or dropouts - however I have had great stability and coverage from the RBR3000 Orbi as I am sure a majority of buyers are.

I completely agree and have had no issues with my Orbi (since the beginning).  I have sympathy for the outliers that are having issues, but most people can buy the product from BB and then simply return it if they have an environment that doesn't work well with the Orbi.  Venting additional frustration in every posting on this community forum, while understandable, does nothing to improve the outlier experience.

Message 4 of 12
kmichalec
Apprentice

FYI - That's not that great of a price.  I bought the RBK50 system from Best Buy for $199 a few weeks ago, based on a price match from Walmart.  Anything over $250 is overpaying at this point IMHO.

Message 5 of 12
dmw15
Tutor

Continually having Wifi dropouts and the satellites going offline after the lastest f/w.  My advice is to add the price of frustration to the cost of the unit for the total cost to get the bigger picture.

Message 6 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello dmw15

Have you tried to revert back to the 2.0.1.4 firmware and see if the dropouts stop happening?

DarrenM

Message 7 of 12
dmw15
Tutor

Actually I've kept it at 2.1.2.18 as I've seen from other forums that even if you downgrade it keeps automatically upgrading to 18.  I also think I saw where Netgear is working on a fix, but hopefully that will come sooner rather than later.  I just get frustrated when something is working good and then an update comes through and messes it up (sounds all too familiar like Windows 10). Plus I have almost $600 invested in this, so walking away now would be a disappointing waste of money.

Message 8 of 12
Mikey94025
Hero

@dmw15wrote:

Actually I've kept it at 2.1.2.18 as I've seen from other forums that even if you downgrade it keeps automatically upgrading to 18.

This is not correct.  I downgraded to V2.0.1.4 six days ago and neither my base station or satellites have auto-upgraded to 18.

Message 9 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The 2.1 firmware was pulled from the auto update server so the Orbi will not automatically update past 2.0.1.4 right now.

DarrenM

Message 10 of 12
dmw15
Tutor

Thanks for the info.  Is 2.0.1.4 the best version to revert back to?

Message 11 of 12
webminster
Luminary

That's a difficult question.   All of the 2.x releases have issues.  The "best" one is the one that you find works for you.  For me, it has been the 2.0.1.4 release.  And I've upgraded/downgraded my unit about 10 times in the last 2 months to try different releases.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7