Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi password not working

LGAggie
Initiate

Orbi password not working

Hello all.  

I am trying to log in to my Orbi system. I've attempted access through the Orbi app, routerlogin.net, routerlogin.com, the 2 recommended IP addresses, and orbilogin.com. When I enter my password, it tells me it is incorrect.  The app used to let me log in.  Internet is still working fine, I just can't log in to the router.  

I've gone through the password recovery prompt several dozen times.  I enter the router SN, answer the 2 secrurity questions, and the screen changes to show my username/PW.  For some reason it only stays on that screen for about a second, and then changes back to the 2 security questions page.  I screenshot the username/PW page to make sure I'm using the correct PW and I am.

All the recs I've read on this board say to complete a factory reset and start over.  I just want to make sure there's nothing else I can try.  

Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Alas, looks like you are stuck.  When the password recovery immediately goes away, that is an indication that it was not completely configured during the initial setup.  (Personally, I think there is a bug in their web code.)  What I found is that I had to deliberately activate the pull-down menu (little triangle by the question) to make all of the choices appear, click on one of the choices (even if it is the top choice that was showing to start with), then fill in the answer.  I had to go very slowly and not leave the web page until it "took".

Yes, a royal pain.  However, when it works, it actually does work.

Message 2 of 4
LGAggie
Initiate

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, I don't have mulitple options for the security questions.  I have 2 questions. What city were you born and what is your best friend's name.  No drop downs or any other buttons.  Just "Continue" and "Cancel." And cancel does absolutely nothing.

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Sorry I was not clear.  During the setup, users are asked to set an Orbi admin password (to replace "password") and have the option of selecting two Password Recovery questions.  They can choose to do this again by going to Password Reset from the Advanced Tab.  Here's what it the page looks like:

Pass1.PNG

Notice the "down arrows" marked with blue arrows.

Click on the top arrow, and it brings up:

Pass2.PNG

Click on the bottom one and get this:

Pass3.PNG

This is what I mean by the web page being confusing.  If people do not realize during the setup that they have to actually pull the menu down, select a question, and then fill in the answer..... then when they come back the Password Recovery doesn't work.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7