Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi problem

geoffcobar
Aspirant

Orbi problem

Hi, I have an Orbi system that is a bit over 3 months old.  It suddenly stopped working.  When i go into my orbi app on my phone it says "Router Not Supported".  Any idea what to do next?  I have tried power cycling of router and the Orbi and i have reset the Orbi system without solving the problem.  Any tips?  Thank you, Geoff

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
wase4711
Luminary

Re: Orbi problem

did you completely disconnect your modem, and any other switches extenders first before reconnecting the router?

just popwer cycling the router isnt enough

f you havent changed ANYTHING else on your network/devices/modem, then call Netgear and ask them for help

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

isn't the router and Orbi the same thing?  Or did you mean the Orbi (router) and the Orbi (Sat)...?

Message 3 of 5
wase4711
Luminary

A proper restart goes like this; disconnect EVERYTHING, modem/switches/router/satalite, turn off any pc connected to the network..

then plug your modem back in first; let it connect and get an IP address; then connect your routers/switches/satalites and finally your devices.make sure you only re connect one device at a time, and give that device a chance to get an IP address, usually a minute or so

when you unplug your modem, also disconnect ALL the cables going into it,including any coax cables that it gets its signal from,  just to make sure you are getting a clean restart; leave everything disconnected for AT LEAST  a few minutes, just to make sure everything is cleared out

Message 4 of 5
geoffcobar
Aspirant

Hi to all, 

Thank you very much for all of the guidance, it is much appreciated! I followed the advice for the proper restart and it seems to have solved my problem.  There were software updates awaiting once i restarted, so maybe that is what created this problem.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7