Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi problems? Look at Netgear's investor report!

NetjetRon
Follower

Orbi problems? Look at Netgear's investor report!

There is some interesting information straight from Netgear's own first quarter 2017 report.

http://investor.netgear.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1023072

The most telling thing is how much they spend on Marketing and sales compared to every other part of their operation!

Sales and marketing = 38.2 million
Research and development = 22.7 million
General and administrative = 13.2 million

It's pretty clear where their priorities are and I think these threads prove these numbers are true! Every other quarter is similar. Paying people to review their routers isn't cheap! Seems like they just promote the hell out of crappy products, and then move on to the next big thing for more sales. Support is lackluster and outsourced. Has anyone come across a Netgear employee that seems to care about all the Orbi problems? Doesn't look like it from what I am reading on here after only about 10 minutes.

Oh well, it's catching up to them. Their stock isn't doing so well and this tricking consumers game can only last so long. Buyer beware!
Message 1 of 3
dmakogon
Guide

Re: Orbi problems? Look at Netgear's investor report!

I honestly don't see any value in creating an account today and posting this rant here, on a technical support forum, drawing unsubstantiated conclusions, and throwing insults at people within the company.

Message 2 of 3
st_shaw
Master

Re: Orbi problems? Look at Netgear's investor report!

The numbers do not support the OPs assertion.  Netgear's R&D spending of $22.7M is 7% of revenue.  This is not an unusually low number.  Consider Apple, which normally spends about 3-4% of revenue on R&D, with a peak around 6%.

A chart of Apple's spending for several years is here: http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-rd-spend-charts-2017-2

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7