Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi problems when connecting a Satellite with Ethernet Backhaul

awhlee
Aspirant

Orbi problems when connecting a Satellite with Ethernet Backhaul

My System:
Orbi - RBR50 (V2.1.4.10 firmware)
Satellite 1 - RBS50 (V2.1.4.10 firmware) Ethernet Connection to Router
Satellite 2 - RBW30 (V2.1.3.6_1.0.13 firmware) 5G Connection to Router

Problem:
These problems started recently, probably due to the 2.1.4.10 firmware push.

When all satellites are enabled, the network is flaky at best.  Both wireless and wired devices have problems reaching the router and accessing the internet.  Sometimes the issues can be described as “2 minutes on 2 minutes off" behavior but sometimes the problem is a complete failure.

I read some random posts and found that there may be problems with connecting a satellite to the Orbi via ethernet backhaul. But those same posts make it seem like this is a temporary issue where I can turn off the system and wait for a few minutes to solve the problem.
This doesn't work for me.  The only thing that works is to disconnect the satellite that uses ethernet backhaul.  If I do that, the system works perfectly with one satellite using a wireless backhaul.  Problem is...I need that second satellite and it needs to use ethernet.

Any advice?  Do I need to factory reset to solve this problem?  Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Thanks in advance!

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi problems when connecting a Satellite with Ethernet Backhaul

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7