Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi "You are not connected to the wifi" Model RBR50

varunofficial
Aspirant

Orbi "You are not connected to the wifi" Model RBR50

Firmware Version: 2.3.5.30

IP Address: 10.0.0.1

I am having problem with my orbi router which was fine till yesterday. The router is connected to the internet which i can go to facebook, watch netflic ect but i can't do other things such as watching movies on my itunes (Which isnt downloaded) and can't update my apps on apple store nor connect to my playstation. 

I tried resetting and re setup, i tried rebooting but none of these worked so far. I don't know if i have missed something. I tried logging into orbilogin.com but it did not work. it giving me pop up message "401 Unauthorised". 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi "You are not connected to the wifi" Model RBR50

what is orbi connected back to? (your modem, gateway device)

Orbi and apple struggle if its a combo device you're connected back to. Aka a double nat situation. Here's some info. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

If this is the case, click the link for fixing double nat.

Message 2 of 4
varunofficial
Aspirant

Hi, it’s connected to the modem
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@varunofficial wrote:

Firmware Version: 2.3.5.30

IP Address: 10.0.0.1

I am having problem with my orbi router which was fine till yesterday. The router is connected to the internet which i can go to facebook, watch netflic ect but i can't do other things such as watching movies on my itunes (Which isnt downloaded) and can't update my apps on apple store nor connect to my playstation. 

I tried resetting and re setup, i tried rebooting but none of these worked so far. I don't know if i have missed something. I tried logging into orbilogin.com but it did not work. it giving me pop up message "401 Unauthorised". 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7