Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi "mini" RB20 - Very slow to start loading webpage - Possibly Slow/Zero upload? Wif

blackbird2150
Follower

Orbi "mini" RB20 - Very slow to start loading webpage - Possibly Slow/Zero upload? Wifi&Ethernet

Hi All, 

Was hoping to get a bit of help on some new issues with my recent Orbi purchase from Costco.

Got my orbi all setup a few weeks ago. Initially we had issues with drop outs, but a firmware update seems to have fixed that, we are now on V2.2.1.210. However, a new problem has been introduced... Sometimes, but not always, when you click a link or type a URL, nothing happens for up to 5-10 seconds, and then the page starts loading like it would. Given my internet speed of 150/10 pages tend to load pretty quick. 

The best way to describe it, is like there has been a 10 second pause inserted into the process, always at the beginning. Once that pause is done, then the page loads like I would expect. At first I thought it was a DNS issue, so I have changed those to some popular ones, that had no effect. On another occassion I did some speed tests. The speed test itself paused for longer than normal to get started and then when it did the download speed is exactly what I would expect. But then when it came time to test the upload, the test actually failed... Multiple times. 

I don't notice the issue as much on wireless, but it does happen. Where I notice it the most is on my desktop which is plugged in via ethernet to the satellite. The backhaul status is marked as good on the admin page, and shows blue on the devices. 

Cox is my internet provider, but I've never had problems like this - my previous router was a nighthawk (something) and it was flawless. The only reason we changed to Orbi is I needed ethernet connection for my work in my homeoffice. 

Any thoughts? Any other details I can provide?

Thanks for the help - it's much appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi "mini" RB20 - Very slow to start loading webpage - Possibly Slow/Zero upload? Wif

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).
If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7