Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi randomly dropping internet connection despite V2.0.0.74 update

Trailerman
Guide

I have my Orbi in Ap mode and am getting loss of internet connection ALL the time.  Started happening Monday of last week, then updated all units (router + 3 satellites) to FW X.18 (latest) and if anything it's got worse.

Will contact Netgear with a support case, but if I can't resolve will have to send everything back.  Nothing on our network changed, Orbi just started losing internet.

Message 126 of 145
linkwrt
Guide

Step 1 update your firmware

Step 2 reset to factory default

Step 3 configure again your router. Let defaults options. Is the best solution and always is working.

You don't need to enable beamforming or mu-mimo.

Message 127 of 145
POSEIDON7902
Apprentice

If you have any Android phones, update play services. If the full release isn't available, follow the guide I posted to download the beta. It fixed the problem for myself and several others I know as well as being documented to fix other manufacturers as well. Do that before you do anything else. Then if you still have a problem try other methods.
Message 128 of 145
dneumannjr
Tutor

Poseidon,

Can you verify what playstore version is running for you that works? I am currently on 8.5.46.W-all but have not turned my wireless back on. Have had no issues since I turned my wireless off on the phone. I also signed up for BETA but have not recevied a notification that an install has occured. Thanks for your help.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 129 of 145
POSEIDON7902
Apprentice

It's not playstore. It's play services. Here's the version I'm on.
Message 130 of 145
POSEIDON7902
Apprentice

Double post
Message 131 of 145
POSEIDON7902
Apprentice

Message 132 of 145
dneumannjr
Tutor

Thank you very much appreciated!

Message 133 of 145
vreynolds
Luminary

I thought we were supposed to have the Google Play services update, not the App Store update. Am I Wrong? My Google Play services beta is 11.9.75. unless I missed something, I updated all three of my Android phones to that beta, and I had a reboot after my wife touched her phone yesterday evening after leaving it alone for a while. same symptoms. But I haven't had to reboot since then. And before that reboot, it was running great for nearly two straight days.
Message 134 of 145
dneumannjr
Tutor

Vreynolds your correct I misspoke. Google Play Services is the culprit.

Message 135 of 145
dneumannjr
Tutor

Apparently engrish is not working this morning. Missed the op to edit so "your" should be "you're".

That is all!

Message 136 of 145
acalamari
Aspirant

It appears that google has now released yet another new version. 11.9.75. I just installed it from apk mirror.

Message 137 of 145
linkwrt
Guide

Please note that are so many [DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan] from source: in logs.

If your ip is dynamic that you can change with connect /disconnect.

If is fixed that you need to enable all firewall options

Message 138 of 145
Shah10
Initiate

Orbi keeps on dropping the network multiple times a day and sometime multiple times every hour. It comes back online if I turn off and turn back on.. modem works perfectly fine.. help...
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 139 of 145
newbeb
Tutor

The Google Play Services update 11.9.75 is now generally available. In theory this resolves issues with the Google cast protocol... We'll see!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2018/01/31/google-play-services-11-9-75-fixes-cast-device-wi-fi-issues-...
Message 140 of 145
vreynolds
Luminary

This update has fixed all of my wifi rebooting issues, I am surprised there's no knowledge base article or anything like that to let people know. How would end-users know about this update if they visit this website? We know because we are Geeks and follow those Tech sites, but end-users come here to expect answers and they're having to dig through the forums for answers.
Message 141 of 145
OneSpeed
Initiate

My connection drops every other day. I have to reset it by unplugging it and powering it on again. This is frustrating and it happened the month I installed this thing.I have the latest firmware update (2.1.2.18) and the router still drops! Time to look for a new router...

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 142 of 145
dneumannjr
Tutor

I too was having this issue. Reboots sometimes multiuple in a day others spaced out. I made sure that all of my android based devices that had google play services got the services update to 11.9.75 and I have not had a reboot in over a week. Make sure your android devices are up to date.

Message 143 of 145
JustMakeItWork
Apprentice

It would really be sad if the router cannot protect itself from a client-oriented issue. Basically, I would be able to do a denial of service to anyone who owns an Orbi, including any business running it, by simply taking a non-updated Android device to its Wifi network.

Message 144 of 145
dbailey132
Tutor

Support is useless. They even said they would ratchet my service tag up and nobody bothered to call back. This is a bad product. I have had more than 10 netgear routers over the years and this is by far the worst
Message 145 of 145
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7