Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi rbk23 device list incorect

Bradjeee
Initiate

Orbi rbk23 device list incorect

Hi guys and girls,

I have two problems with my orbi RBR20 system with two satalites (running on V2.3.5.26):

1. My router only sees one satalite. I already reset the whole system but it still dont work.

2. Some of the connected devices dont show a ip adress and no information about the device at all. I already reset the whole system but it still dont work.

see the picture!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Are the satellites all wireless connected to the RBR? 
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 4
Bradjeee
Initiate

Hi Furry,

First i want to tell you that this problem wasn’t in the beginning.. it started 2 months ago.

I got a connectbox from Ziggo (Dutch company).

The orbi is in Router mode

Yes they are wireless connected with the router. The distance is not the problem. I have tried to put them very close, but that wont’t change the problem. Even when i connect them with a cable, the problem will stay.

Yes the 2.4 is auto and 5.0 is at channel 36. Okay i Will try that.

Yeah a lot of neighbours nearby with WiFi.

okay, i Will do that and let you know if it works!

thankyou

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if Disabling or Enabling Daisy chaing changes anything. 

You might also swap RBS around. Remove them from the RBR and reboot. Then factory reset one RBS and re-add it to the system. Check the status. If good, do the same for the 2nd RBS. 

Let us know the distances between the RBR and RBS. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7