Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi rbk50 seems to be dead

Prestong87
Follower

Orbi rbk50 seems to be dead

My orbi router seems to be broken. The wan port when connected to my verizon modem seems to be dead as well. The light on the back of my verizon modem when there is an ethernet plugged in to a lan port lights up green and it does not do this when any of the lan ports are plugged into the wan port of my orbi. All other lan ports on the modem light up and I tried different ethernet cable to make sure that the ethernet cable wasn't defective. Also when attempting to reset the orbi with a paper clip, no lights even come on, on the top of the router like its supposed to as if it's not responsive but the power light on the back of the orbi is lit green to show there is power. When I hold the reset button the green power light changes to amber but after that nothing happens and the power light doesn't even come back on, I have to unplug it. I have held the reset button until it starts to blink amber and also for 1 minute and the same results occur. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Try swapping LAN cables between the modem and ORbi router. 

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

If any of this fails, I recommend contacting NG support or return and replace the Orbi system for another. You may have a bad system. 

Message 2 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@Prestong87 wrote:
........ Also when attempting to reset the orbi with a paper clip, no lights even come on, on the top of the router like its supposed to as if it's not responsive........

If no lights come up on the top of the router after rest then it looks like the unit is faulty.

Message 3 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Prestong87

Please hardwired a computer to the Orbi Router and check Local Area Connection / Ethernet Status. Does it say "Network cable unplugged"? "Unidentified Network"? "Connected - No Internet Access"? Kindly check as well if it has an IP address. Try accessing the orbilogin page, go to Advanced TAB > Statistics page. If WAN port status is blank then we could say that the router WAN port is defective. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Prestong87

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7