Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi rbr 50 v2 satellite not showing blue ring to show its connected

jaws1554
Aspirant

Orbi rbr 50 v2 satellite not showing blue ring to show its connected

When I try to sync the satellite it flashes white 3 times and the on third time the flash ends quicker then on the first two flashes. It will do this for 4 or 5 times and then just stop with no blue ring to say it's connected. I'm losing signal to my roku TV and ruko express and can't seem to figure out the problem. It is updated to latest firmware v2.7.3.22
Message 1 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi rbr 50 v2 satellite not showing blue ring to show its connected

There is no harm in Factory Resetting the satellite and adding it again:

• Power off the satellite.
  • Go to the Orbi web interface, Attached Devices page and click on the option to "Remove" the satellite.
  • On the Satellite, power it on and hold a paperclip in the reset hole until the LED next to the power switch begins to flash amber.
  • Remove the paperclip.
  • After the satellite restarts, go back to the Orbi web interface
  • Select the bottom item on the Home Page menu, "Add Orbi Satellite"
  • Follow directions.

Whereas doing a factory reset on the router erases all user configuration, resetting the satellite does not.

Message 2 of 10
jaws1554
Aspirant

In the process of of reconnecting. I'll update once done.
Message 3 of 10
jaws1554
Aspirant

Have reset and reconnected and seem to be having the same problem. I have the satellite right next to the roku and still losing signal on ruko
Message 4 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

How does the Orbi web interface Attached Devices or the Orbi 'app' show the satellite connection? (Good? Fair?...)

Message 5 of 10
jaws1554
Aspirant

Good
Message 6 of 10
jaws1554
Aspirant

I noticed everything is connected to the router. I have 1 device on the satellite. Is there a way I get devices to connect to satellite?
Message 7 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

When the satellite was 'off', devices probably migrated to the router.  Either they will eventually migrate back, or you can power off the device and when it restarts it should connect to the satellite.

Message 8 of 10
jaws1554
Aspirant

thanks, but im still having the issue with everything dropping signals still, any other suggestions?

Message 9 of 10
jaws1554
Aspirant

I have xfinity coming out since they said there was an issue with signal to house. I'll update.
Also after reset on satellite I was able to get the blue ring. So it seems to be up to xfinity to get it fixed.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7