Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi rbr40 ssid and password

sccadwell
Aspirant

Orbi rbr40 ssid and password

I reached a point in the installation where I had to join my new Orbi's network - listed on the sticker under the device as "Orbi13." This network did not show up on any of my WiFi devices, and I was unable to continue the installation. The plug-in satellites did sync with the base router and showed blue LEDs which turned purple when the base was turned off. A mysterious new network appeared on my iPhone while the Orbi was powered up, but I was unable to join it. It appears to me that Amazon sold me a returned system where the original owner changed the SSID and password. Is there any way to fix this, or am I better off shipping everything back to Amazon?

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi rbr40 ssid and password

@sccadwell wrote:

It appears to me that Amazon sold me a returned system where the original owner changed the SSID and password. Is there any way to fix this, or am I better off shipping everything back to Amazon?

If Amazon sold you a returned system, then the previous owner may have changed the Administrative login password as well as the WiFi name (SSID) and password.  Time to get out a paperclip, unbend it, and stick the end into the tiny "Reset" hole on the back of the Orbi near the power jack.  Hold it in until the power LED turns amber and begins to flash (about 10-15 seconds).  At this point, the Orbi will be returned "to factory", which means the WiFi SSID and password will be what is printed on the label and the Administrative password will be "password".  Good LUck.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Use a wired PC and web browser and log into orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1. 

Setup a new and custom unique SSID name and Password. Save the change. Give about two minutes. Check with one of your wireless devices to see if the SSID name you set appears. If not, the system is bad so return the Orbi system and ask for another system. 

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@sccadwell wrote:

It appears to me that Amazon sold me a returned system where the original owner changed the SSID and password. Is there any way to fix this, or am I better off shipping everything back to Amazon?

If Amazon sold you a returned system, then the previous owner may have changed the Administrative login password as well as the WiFi name (SSID) and password.  Time to get out a paperclip, unbend it, and stick the end into the tiny "Reset" hole on the back of the Orbi near the power jack.  Hold it in until the power LED turns amber and begins to flash (about 10-15 seconds).  At this point, the Orbi will be returned "to factory", which means the WiFi SSID and password will be what is printed on the label and the Administrative password will be "password".  Good LUck.

Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@CrimpOn wrote:

@sccadwell wrote:

What IF the label has been removed?

Message 4 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Orbi's come with two labels.  One is plastic wrapped around the case.  The "real" label is on the bottom of the case.  Hard to imagine anyone removing it.  Here's a picture:

Label2.JPG

Message 5 of 7
sccadwell
Aspirant

The reset did the trick. My router still has all of its relevant stickers.

Thanks to everybody for their suggestions!

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Glad the reset worked. Unit stickers are usally not removed by owners. There there for a reason. Smiley Wink

Enjoy. Smiley Very Happy

@sccadwell wrote:

The reset did the trick. My router still has all of its relevant stickers.

Thanks to everybody for their suggestions!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7