Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi rbr50 with netgear switch GS608 switch

claireb707
Aspirant

Orbi rbr50 with netgear switch GS608 switch

Just bought the Orbi with satellite, got it up and running ok however my switch has now stopped working.  the Orbi app can see the devices using the switch but there is no internet getting through to those devices.  the switch was working fine with my old router.

I have more wired devices than there are network ports on the orbi (satellite too far away to be useful wired)

Any suggestions please?  Do I need a new switch? 

Model: GS608v2|Desktop Gigabit Switch, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
claireb707
Aspirant

Re: Orbi rbr50 with netgear switch GS608 switch

hmmm maybe its not the switch....  Ive plugged one direct into the router and its still not working there either...

Found it...  I had a cable plugged both ends into the switch Woman Frustrated doh

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure LAN cables are in working condition and of good quality. CAT6 is recommended. 

Power OFF the switch for 10 seconds then back ON.

Connect a couple of wired devices to the back of the RBR to see if they work there. If they do, possible your switch has gone bad. 

Please visit and post about any switch support help or information here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Unmanaged-Switches-Forum/bd-p/business-unmanaged-switches

Message 2 of 6
claireb707
Aspirant

thanks, will try that now...

Message 3 of 6
claireb707
Aspirant

hmmm maybe its not the switch....  Ive plugged one direct into the router and its still not working there either...

Found it...  I had a cable plugged both ends into the switch Woman Frustrated doh

Message 4 of 6
claireb707
Aspirant

oddly i hadnt changed any cables on the switch, they were all exactly as they were with the old router

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

That would do it. Smiley Wink

Glad you found it. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 
Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7