Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi remote management, what can I do?

vegard_aamold
Aspirant

Orbi remote management, what can I do?

Hi,

I hope it’s not to much off a hassle, but I have been looking into buying one of the Orbi systems from my parents, and they want me to have control of the network, and make all the updates. I want to be able to check for updates and see if something is wrong on their network when I am at home. Do you recommend I buy the Orbi or the Orbi pro? And is it any difference in who much I can remote manage between to Orbi and the Orbi pro?

At the moment I can get both the Orbi and Orbi pro for the same price, so no problem on that front.

At home I use Synology, so I am used to remote manage most of the settings on my network at home. 

Hope someone are able to help me. Thanks in advance.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System, SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Either support remote management from mobile Orbi app or from web browser to remote IP address. 

For home users, Orbi is recommended as Pro is main directed towards business class environments. 

Message 2 of 4
vegard_aamold
Aspirant

So I should not be any problems buying the Orbi (non pro) and I can to all the update and change setting when I am on LTE or elsewhere?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. Making some advanced changes are limited if using the Orbi app. You get full featured access when using a web browser connected to the Orbis web page however. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7