Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi router RBR50v2

Billo56
Aspirant

Orbi router RBR50v2

I am having an issue being blocked when using an app on my phone which I've been using with this Orbi router all year!?? When I tried getting on the app it blocked it as unencrypted content....blah blah blah...As I said, I've used this app along with my wife all year long! 

When I tried to sign into my router on Orbilogin.com it wouldn't accept my security question answers and I don't know how to get into my account to even change those questions!?! Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi router RBR50v2

Just as a first impression, there appear to be two issues here:

• An attempt to use a web browser with a specific web site has been blocked.  This could be because (a) the web browser now rejects attempts to browse to "http" web sites (which are not encrypted) instead of https web sites(which are encrypted), or (b) this Orbi has the Bitdefender Armor product activated which is somehow blocking this web site.  If this is (a) the browser, then there is usually an option (in very small type) to ignore the warning and proceed to the web site.
  • Accessing the Orbi web interface. When the Orbin admin password is entered incorrectly three times, the Orbi brings up a web page titled "Password Recovery". During the original setup, the user was supposed to be asked to select two 'security questions' which can be used to reset the admin password if the user can no longer enter it correctly.  Alas, either this doesn't happen or some users rush past this page without selecting questions and entering answers.  In this case, the only way to gain access to the Orbi web interface is to perform a Factory Reset, which will restore the Orbi web interface to "admin" and "password"  (and also reset the WiFi credentials to those printed on the product label.)

Perhaps I misunderstand the situation.....?

Message 2 of 5
Billo56
Aspirant

Thank you for your insight into this. I will probably do the factory reset and hope that it works. I do have the  Bitdefender Armor set up on my Orbi...

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Is there a way to temporarily pause Bitdefender Armor?  (I have never enabled it. Once I saw "Free Trial", I lost interest.)

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Armor is either enabled or disabled. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements