Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi router and satellite guest network

csundar
Tutor

Orbi router and satellite guest network

I have an Orbi router with satellite (latest firmware) setup with the main network and a guest network.  Both are working fine and I have setup the guest network to be isolated from the rest of the network.  My question:  I am not getting the guest network to be broadcast from the Orbi satellite, only the Orbi router.  Is this a bug, setup issue, or is the guest netowrk only available from the base router?  

I would have assumed that the satellite would replicate both networks but I am only getting it from the router.  Please advise.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
csundar
Tutor

So the satellite ended up being on a much older version. I updated, turned the guest network off and on. And now it's working

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Random12
Apprentice

How have you determine that the Satellites aren't sending it? Did you use a wifi channel scanner?

I just did a test here at home, using a wifi scanner I can see the Guest network is being broadcast by 6 different BSSID:

1) Router 5G

2) Routher 2.4G

3) Sat1 5G

4) Sat1  2.4G

5) Sat2 5G

6) Sat2 2.4G

(I have 1 router and 2 Sats). I didn't do anything special, just enabled the guest, I'm running latest firmware. I would say double check there isn't an issue with your wifi scanner.

Message 2 of 4
csundar
Tutor

I didn't scan but I go to my dead zone (reason I got the Orbi) and the guest network is unavailable. I have a full strength signal on the main network.
Message 3 of 4
csundar
Tutor

So the satellite ended up being on a much older version. I updated, turned the guest network off and on. And now it's working
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7