Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi router cannot be found after factory reset

silvinnio
Aspirant

Orbi router cannot be found after factory reset

Few days ago I have upgraded  my ORbi RBK sistem to the latest firmware. The system worked OK but in the device list was only 2 devices from 10. After that I have done factory reset of the router and now  I cannot connect to the router again. I have  a white pulsing LED. I have tried factory reset many times with paperclip pressed on hte reset buton until amber LED was flashing and still no success.

Looks like the configuration is missing. 

When I switch ON the power, the LED above power connection is green. 

I have tried also manual IP  192.168.1.10  on the PC and still nothing.

There is no any wi-fi network  broadcasting.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
silvinnio
Aspirant

Re: Orbi router cannot be found after factory reset

Maybe I did not explain myself more clear as english is not my first language but the problem was that after firmware upgrade and after factory reset, the router RBR50 was not accesible anymore by any way. 

I was asking if there were any way to access the router like safe recovery mode or something like that and... I founded here Smiley Happy

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

very easy... and now... working Smiley Happy

Thank you for your time

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

@silvinnio wrote:

I have tried also manual IP  192.168.1.10  on the PC and still nothing.

Where did 192.168.1.10 come from? Do you mean 192.168.1.1?

After playing around with things, be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 7
silvinnio
Aspirant

I am using orbi router rbk50 as modem with PPoE connection. When router is on there is no wifi network broadcast. Also if I connect by wire with my PC, it is not getting automatic IP so I have to setup manual IP as 192.168.1.10 on PC ethernet connection and router IP should be as 192.168.1.1.
Still no connection.
Already done all as suggested.
Is there any way to force IP or to change the firmware? I know that can be used telnet connection but only if there is telnet activated.
Message 3 of 7

@silvinnio wrote:
I am using orbi router rbk50 as modem with PPoE connection.

The RBK50 is a router/satellite (RBR50/RBS50) combination.

It has to get the Internet from something. A modem, optical termination, something else.

What have you got plugged into the yellow (Internet) port on the RBR50?

Message 4 of 7
silvinnio
Aspirant

The internet is coming from fiber optic media converter to WAN yellow plug but the problem is not related to the internet connection. The RBR50 cannot be seen, no any wifi or wired connection. The orbilogin.net or orbilogin.com can not be accesed. With direct wire connection to PC it get autoconfiguration IP as 169.254...... so that's why I have tried with manual IP 192.168......
Message 5 of 7

@silvinnio wrote:
....but the problem is not related to the internet connection. The RBR50 cannot be seen, no any wifi or wired connection.

There is a logic jump in there.

But as you seem  to have worked out where the problem is – I am not convinced – I'll leave you to work out your own answers.

I'm surprised that no one else has stepped in. Maybe they are as puzzled as I am.

Message 6 of 7
silvinnio
Aspirant

Maybe I did not explain myself more clear as english is not my first language but the problem was that after firmware upgrade and after factory reset, the router RBR50 was not accesible anymore by any way. 

I was asking if there were any way to access the router like safe recovery mode or something like that and... I founded here Smiley Happy

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

very easy... and now... working Smiley Happy

Thank you for your time

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7