Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi router in bridge mode over ethernet?

ChrisPartridge
Follower

Orbi router in bridge mode over ethernet?

My modem/wireless router (a BT Home Hub) is located in a corner of a house with concrete walls that are very bad for wireless signals. To provide good coverage throughout, I want to connect place the Orbi router centrally in the house and the satellite on the top floor, connecting the router to the Home Hub via wifi rather than an Ethernet cable. Can this be done using bridge mode? If so, do I set the Orbi router or the Home Hub to bridge mode (or both?). Any guidance on how to do this would be gratefully received.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi router in bridge mode over ethernet?

Hello Chrispartidge

You either want to bridge the Home hub or set the orbi in access point mode but not both.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
timch
Luminary

Re: Orbi router in bridge mode over ethernet?

To make this work your only bet is to have the Home Hub connected to the Orbi by Ethernet or as a last resort by a couple of powerline adaptors.  You will need to set the Orbi in AP mode assuming you have a recent home Hub which will only work in router mode. 

My Orbi gives very impressive coverage through walls placed next to my home Hub at the front of the house on the ground floor with the satellite at the back on the first floor.  I get great coverage down into the basement and up to the second floor. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7