Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi router is loosing internet connection

ekstam1105
Aspirant

Orbi router is loosing internet connection

I bought RBR50 few days ago and from day1 internet is disconnecting frequently. Firmware version is V2.3.5.30. Satelite is at 2nd florr and router is at 1st floor, which are 30 ft apart.My old router from Verizon never lost connection. I have enabled Armor. Around 15 devices are connected either Router or Satelite.We work from home and frequent connection issues is irritating my wife. I bought the new router from Amazon and Netgear Tech support is saying that the router is manufactured in 2016 and refurbished. I have option to return, but want to try few more days.

Any idea why I am losing connection.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi router is loosing internet connection

@ekstam1105 wrote:

I bought RBR50 few days ago and from day1 internet is disconnecting frequently. Firmware version is V2.3.5.30. Satelite is at 2nd florr and router is at 1st floor, which are 30 ft apart.My old router from Verizon never lost connection. I have enabled Armor. Around 15 devices are connected either Router or Satelite.We work from home and frequent connection issues is irritating my wife. I bought the new router from Amazon and Netgear Tech support is saying that the router is manufactured in 2016 and refurbished. I have option to return, but want to try few more days.

V2.3.5.30 has known problems.  Has your Orbi ever worked correctly?  How did you update to V2.3.5.30?

Message 2 of 9
ekstam1105
Aspirant

It is not working from Day1. Intermittently connections are dropped. Eventhough Wifi bars are strong, internet is not working. It is updated to new firmware during initial setup

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I would factory reset the RBR and this time don't enable any Armor or Circle. There are know known issues with these apps causing problems over the FW issues. My RBK50 runs well on v30 FW. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Possible the system you got from Amazon if faulty from the get go, maybe need to replace the entire system. 

@ekstam1105 wrote:

Message 4 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

My RBK50 runs well on v30 FW. 

If you do a search you'll note you are in the minority.

How does telling people your system works fine with v30 FW help them?

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible the system you got from Amazon if faulty from the get go if it hasn't been working well since "day 1", maybe need to replace the entire system. 

@ekstam1105 wrote:

It is not working from Day1. Intermittently connections are dropped. Eventhough Wifi bars are strong, internet is not working. It is updated to new firmware during initial setup

Message 6 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Possible the system you got from Amazon if faulty from the get go if it hasn't been working well since "day 1", maybe need to replace the entire system. 

@ekstam1105 wrote:

Not necessaily.  IF this is a new system, once setup, the NG server will push the most current (?) FW (V2.3.5.30) and there ya go....

Message 7 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 8 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Any progress on this? 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats