Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi router issues

Orbiuser1985
Aspirant

Orbi router issues

My RBK 50 has started dropping the internet connection again which is something that has happened several times in the past. When it does, I normally resolve this by performing a hard reset of the router and satelitte and set it up again.

This time however, my problem persists. The router continues to drop the internet connection and I dont know what to do. I've hard reset the router 3 times now while the satelitte is disconnected just to see if I could get the router to be stable. But it was without any success.

I am now reaching out to the community to hear if you have any final ideas. 

I am running firmware V2.2.1.210

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi router issues

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
IPv6

@Orbiuser1985 wrote:

My RBK 50 has started dropping the internet connection again which is something that has happened several times in the past. When it does, I normally resolve this by performing a hard reset of the router and satelitte and set it up again.

This time however, my problem persists. The router continues to drop the internet connection and I dont know what to do. I've hard reset the router 3 times now while the satelitte is disconnected just to see if I could get the router to be stable. But it was without any success.

I am now reaching out to the community to hear if you have any final ideas. 

I am running firmware V2.2.1.210

Message 2 of 5
Orbiuser1985
Aspirant

Its a genexis router:

https://genexis.eu/product/hybrid/

Ap mode

no wifi neighbours nearby

Message 3 of 5
randomousity
Luminary

Have you done any troubleshooting with the modem?And, just to be clear, it's the fiber box that's in AP mode, right? Have you tried bypassing the Orbi and connecting a device directly to the fiber box to test that it's not the fiber connection or box that's having issues? And does your Orbi get an IP address from your ISP via DHCP? Or it it manually assigned?

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

All wireless radios on this gateway disabled and turned OFF>? 

@Orbiuser1985 wrote:

Its a genexis router:

https://genexis.eu/product/hybrid/

Ap mode

no wifi neighbours nearby

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements