Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi router needs resetting frequently

AMGS
Tutor

Orbi router needs resetting frequently

Firmware V1.12.0.18

Models are listed by the Orbi app as RBR50 router and 2 RBS50 satellites.

When the system is working well, it hums, I am delighted with it doing just what I wanted, which is seamless wifi around a large Georgian old rectory in the uk, brick walls and all.  But it keeps falling over - I have to reset the router (turn it off and back on again) several times a day, which makes the whole investment a waste of time and a lot of money.  

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi router needs resetting frequently

That's a "feature" of the new firmwares since 1.11.x.

Message 2 of 7
scornwell
Apprentice

If you're within the return period, I'd take it back now and look at an alternative. We've been dealing with these issues for a couple of months now with no resolution and no communication from Netgear.

Message 3 of 7
alberts
Star

hey  scornwell i have wasted so much time with this crap , tried  the  2.0.0.64 firmware with  disappointing results and give up and dump . in a few month a have a look for new firmware, otherwise i hate  to throw money out of the window, but i have no time and nerves for that

good luck to  everybody
    NEVER AGAIN NETGEAR

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 4 of 7
GregSiefert
Initiate

I realize that this is an older post, but this problem is still very present. I have 350mbps service. After rebooting the Orbi, I get that speed on my iPhone. However within 24 hours, it consistently goes down to 20mbps. All non-iOS devices stay at 350mbps.

NextGear - please fix this. The orbi is a very expensive device and we expect it to work for all devices. C’mon guys!
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 5 of 7
top83banana
Initiate

Same problem. Very disappointed!!!

Message 6 of 7
PatHardy
Aspirant

Orbi router has a problem when you have to restart it. It requires about 3 times to recycle the whole procedure. Then it cools off and finally sets itself up.

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7