Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi router rbr50

TomShap
Follower

Orbi router rbr50

I have rbr50 router with satellite that came with it.  I need to add another Satellite that has an ethernet port (as I plug my voip phone into it)  Bought RBK13 at Sams club this morning (which is a router and 2 satellites) but by looking at pacakaging, think the satellites will not have ethernet port.  Thought for $200, just use this system and give old away.  But need all satelites to have ethernet ports.

That being case, likely will have to return.  If so, any recs on cheapest way to add a satellite with ethernet port to my rbr50?  Would like to add 2 more...

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi router rbr50

The 1 series is not supported for use with the other Orbi models. The 1 series is only a dual band system. 
Youll need to find a RBS20, RBS30, RBS40v, RBS50 or EX7500, 7700 or 8000 series units to add ot your Orbi 50 series if you think you need additional wifi coverage. 

30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7