Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi router - unable to access web interface of DrayTek Vigor modem

Sunelectric
Aspirant

Orbi router - unable to access web interface of DrayTek Vigor modem

I'm using an Orbi router (RBR50) connected to a DrayTek Vigor 130 modem. Is it possible to access the modem UI without having to connect directly to it? i.e. via the router.

The Vigor 130 modem has internal ip address 192.168.1.1 and the Orbi is using 192.168.1.2

It would be nice to be able to access the modem stats to easily see VDSL sync speed etc

Many thanks

Rich

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi router - unable to access web interface of DrayTek Vigor modem

What mode is the Orbi operating at? Router or AP mode?

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 6
Sunelectric
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.

The Orbi router is currently being used in Router (not AP) mode. My ISP is Plusnet (if that makes a difference).

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Need to try one of the 3 suggestion, since your ISP modem already has a built in router. Having two routers on the same line can cause problems. Contact your ISP about setting up the modem for use with an external router. One of the suggestions should work.

Message 4 of 6
Sunelectric
Aspirant

The DrayTek Vigor 130 is just a modem (not the modem-router supplied by the ISP).

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Then you should be able to access the modems UI thru the Orbi router. The Orbi router would not be blocking it. Most modems I've worked with use 192.168.100.1 as there entry point. Anything else should work as well. Might contact the mfr of the modem and ask of there are any known issues with Orbi routers...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7