Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi satellite dropping connection

ochen
Aspirant

Orbi satellite dropping connection

Got this unit about half a year ago to replace my apple router... In the beginning it worked great. Then i started have disconnect issues which required me to turn off the wifi on my phone/ipad, then turn them back on to resume regular internet connection. 

Recently, the satellite has became the most annoying router i've ever used. I have both my hue and NETGEAR arlo connected to my satellite unit with wire, and it CONSTANTLY drops connecion. Causing major security issues (as i cannot see who stops by my front door), as well as huge inconveniences for all my smart lighting system.

I've resetted the unit multiple times, updated the latest firmware (just today), and its still constantly dropping connection. 

WHAT CAN I DO???

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 6
POSEIDON7902
Apprentice

If you have android devices on your network it's likely the cause.  Google released a beta fix for it last night.  

Message 2 of 6
ochen
Aspirant

We don't have anything android at home... we have a PC, ecobee, apple tv, multiple macs and sonos

Message 3 of 6
ochen
Aspirant

The worst part is, the main unit works great, as im browsing the web and typing this as we speak. But anything connected to the satellite just simply does not get any internet. I checked arlo 3 mins ago it was online, now its offline, same for my Hue system that's also wired to the satellite unit.

Message 4 of 6
ochen
Aspirant

Any thoughts from anyone? 

The satellite stopped dropping connections for a few days, and now its back. Clearly the unit is problematic as i didn't change any of the software and have not moved any of the hardware... And netgear have PAID support, which is pretty ridiculous for this day of age.

What i noticed is the satellite unit would have a magenta ring pulsing every now and then, then it turns white, and a few minutes later it would turn magenta again.

Message 5 of 6
srisan
Aspirant

I have the disconnect issue while using the router in AP mode. After restarting from a power outage the satellite is not recognised. I need to login to the router, select AP mode and apply again. Then the satellite is recognised. Hopefully a future firmware update fixes this issue.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7