Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi satellite pas d'adresse IP - RING LED Fushia (RBS50)

pipiche38
Aspirant

Orbi satellite pas d'adresse IP - RING LED Fushia (RBS50)

Voila, depuis pas mal de temps, j'essaie de connecter un Satellite ORBI RBS50 sur mon la base router RBR50, mais sans succès. Lorsque je démarre le RBR50, j'ai l'anneau qui clignote blanc, puis Blue et très rapidement fushia. Il y a 7 mètres entre le RBR50 et le Satellite, j'ai essayé - de le rapprocher du RBR50 ( environ 2 mètres ) sans résultats - de faire un full reset (factory) sans résultats -RBR50 est en version 2.5.0.38 PS/ A quelques rares occasion il s'est synchronisé, ce qui m'a permis de le monter également à la dernière version, mais il ne reste Ok que quelques jours puis c'est de nouveau la galère

I'm posting here after in English, as it is confusing for me to have the Forum in French with English content. Sorry for that

SO I have an RBS50 (Satellite) that I want to connect to an RBR50, and which is giving me very hard time. It works some time, but most of the time it doesn't.

Basically during the startup process the RBS50 got:

Led Ring white flashing

Led Ring Blue flashing (very short time)

Led Ring Fushia

I have tried to move the RBS50 around from 7m (where I want it to be ) to much closer ( 2 meters) and never succeed !

Attached is the Wifi setup

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi satellite pas d'adresse IP - RING LED Fushia (RBS50)

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

This is the Orbi forum for English users. For French users, please post here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/fr-domestique-orbi

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 6
pipiche38
Aspirant

The ISP Modem is an Orange box (from the French ISP). It is only pluged wired to the ORBI Router and Wifi is disabled.

ORBI Router is set in : Router Mode

See attached a screenshot of the Orbi Router config, the Wireless settings was captured on the previous pose

The flat is about 130 m2

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

There is a router in front if your RBR. This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop 

Message 4 of 6
pipiche38
Aspirant

Thanks for your answer,

but I don't see the relation between not able to have a stable communication between ORBI Router and ORBI Satelitte, with the fact that I have double NAT!

There is not a single Wifi enable from the ISP router.

I'll have a look to setup the Orbi router in AP Mode in order to avoid the double NAT (good point), but still I do not see how it could impact Route <-> SATELITTE communication, or I missed something

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7