Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi satellite showing connected on laptop but not in app

dhombesh
Initiate

Orbi satellite showing connected on laptop but not in app

I have the RBK50 system which has been working well for a few months with the satellite connected to the router via wifi. My house is wired with Cat5e and today I connected the satellite to the router with a wired connection with expectation that ethernet backhaul would further enhance the stability.

Now the satellite shows as connected  via 'wired' with connection status listed as good and backhaul status listed as good when I login on orbilogin.net. However, none of my 50 devices show as being connected to the satellite in attached devices section. Everything is connected to orbi router.

When I go to the orbi app, the satellite is listed as 'offline'.

Why is there a discrepancy in the orbilogin vs the app and why arent any devices connected to the satellite?

How can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi satellite showing connected on laptop but not in app

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Thank you. 

@dhombesh wrote:

I have the RBK50 system which has been working well for a few months with the satellite connected to the router via wifi. My house is wired with Cat5e and today I connected the satellite to the router with a wired connection with expectation that ethernet backhaul would further enhance the stability.

Now the satellite shows as connected  via 'wired' with connection status listed as good and backhaul status listed as good when I login on orbilogin.net. However, none of my 50 devices show as being connected to the satellite in attached devices section. Everything is connected to orbi router.

When I go to the orbi app, the satellite is listed as 'offline'.

Why is there a discrepancy in the orbilogin vs the app and why arent any devices connected to the satellite?

How can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7