Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi satellite stuck on solid blue

Kevinrees7
Initiate

Orbi satellite stuck on solid blue

I have an orbi rbr50 and rbs50. They have been great until a few days ago I noticed the satellite led lit solid blue and won't turn off. Solid blue for 10 seconds means a stable connection but it would always turn off after some time. Now it's on solid all the time. Connection is fine I believe so it's more of a nuisance since it's in my bedroom and is pretty bright.
Firmware v on both is v1.12.0.18
Message 1 of 29
Dannyboyuk44
Initiate

Mine is exactly the same. Any ideas?

Message 2 of 29
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to factory reset the unit? you can back up your config before hand and reload it on setup.

https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

DarrenM

Message 3 of 29
Kevinrees7
Initiate

So I ended up just turning the satellite unit off with the button on the back and left it off for several minutes. Turned it back on and the blue light turned off after about a minute. No clue what the issue was and it might happen again but now I know.
Message 4 of 29
dpdurst
Luminary

Mine does that once in a while, Its seems to coincide with one of the connecitons having a device on it and the other doesn't. So my 5ghz devices connect but no 2.4ghz device and the light is blue solid and won't go out. Once a 2.4ghz device connects it goes out. Maybe just a coincidence but seems to match that scenario everytime I reboot it.

Message 5 of 29
ghermes
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  Everything seems to be working fine.  Solid blue light on one of the sattelites.  Firmware is v1.12.0.18

Message 6 of 29
SkyGeneral
Tutor

Mine is exaclty the same, blue LED stuck on but other than that, the connections seem to be fine. This has happened only recently since the firmware V2.0.0.72 update (RBR50 router + 2 RBS50 satellites). The LED on the router is off, but both satellites are constantly blue.

Message 7 of 29
SkyGeneral
Tutor

Ater about a day, the blue LED lights turned off. Nothing else afftected that I know of. 

Message 8 of 29
wickets
Aspirant

just noticed mine on as well.....   Im sure orbi support crews are itching to come help me out and so .if it isnt off by tomorrow I'll report back 🙂

Message 9 of 29
TroyRad
Aspirant

Firmware: V2.0.0.72

Seeing the same symptom.  Turning it off, waiting,and back on seems to have fixed it.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 10 of 29
wickets
Aspirant

The blue light on mine turned off by itself....I'm going to call the on/off thing the work of the orbi ghost

Message 11 of 29
boomerang86
Aspirant

Sattelite solid blue @ 2AM today. Started up a wifi device from cold and blue went off on its own shortly thereafter. Interesting. No Orbi power cycle needed.

Message 12 of 29
BowenQin
Aspirant

That is because the satellite changing from 2.4G to 5G if you keep eyes on admin portal.

Message 13 of 29
swissboy
Initiate

have the same issue - satellite stuck on BLUE

Message 14 of 29
bfam2284
Aspirant

I just contacted support and they checked everything. Had me reset the satellite unit and now the blue light is off. Not sure what caused it, but i did notice that before the power cycle on the satellite unit the connection type was 2.4G on the satellite instead of 5G like it should be. Not sure how or why it switched. 

Message 15 of 29
Sandyga2
Aspirant

Had the same thing happen today, blue all day, but just went off by itself, and I just updated firmware a week ago.....hmmmm

Message 16 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

But that doesn’t explain the blue light staying on
Message 17 of 29
dpdurst
Luminary

A few things I noticed on this issue

1. Reboot and no connections are made 5ghz or 2.4ghz the blue light seems to stay on

2. Running fine but for some reason connection between Sat and Router show 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz the blue light stays on

3. Reboot and blue light stays on for an undetermined amount of time.

No rime or reason, just what I noticed over the last few months on my setup.

Message 18 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

did the power reset last night and the blue light remains off. 

Message 19 of 29
sir_percival
Tutor

I have the same stuck on blue problem, that hard reset nor firmware update did not fix the problem.

Message 20 of 29
WHTMTN
Tutor

Same problem stuck on blue.  Have had this issue before and each time I shut off power and reboot.  Light goes away but then periodically happens again.  No idea why except maybe that the satellite is a bit too far from RBR and this somehow affects the connection lights.

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 21 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Whats the distance between the router and satelllite? starting should be 30 feet minimim. Mines 40 feet in a 5000sq ft home.

Whats the size of your home?

@WHTMTN wrote:

Same problem stuck on blue.  Have had this issue before and each time I shut off power and reboot.  Light goes away but then periodically happens again.  No idea why except maybe that the satellite is a bit too far from RBR and this somehow affects the connection lights.

Message 22 of 29
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Whats the distance between the router and satelllite? starting should be 30 feet minimim. Mines 40 feet in a 5000sq ft home.

Whats the size of your home?

@WHTMTN wrote:

what's the factor of the home size if you're clearly discussing router to sat distance?

Message 23 of 29
WHTMTN
Tutor

Mine is not that large.  House is about 2600 sq ft.  Distance between RBR and RBS about 50'.  However, it is in kitchen and we have plaster walls, appliances, etc.

Message 24 of 29
dpdurst
Luminary

Log into the Sat and veiw status, does it show that 2.4 and 5ghz are both connected or only one or the other?

I have seen mine go blue when only 2.4 or 5ghz is connected. When I have both 2.4 and 5ghz devices connected the blue light is off.

Message 25 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7