Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi satellite will not show connected devices

GaryInEdmond
Guide

Orbi satellite will not show connected devices

When I connect to my orbi satellite via 192.168.1.5, I get the normal home screen.  When I click on connected devices, I get the "please wait a moment screen" and the devices never show.

This started after I had renamed a lot of devices on the main router attached devices screen.  I was renaming things like kindle-08192B to kitchen-echo.  I was doing so that I could easily tell which devices were connecting to my satellite.  I have no idea if this had anything thing to do with my satellite connected devices screen locking up but the behavour started around the same time.  I've tried restarting both the router and satellite but this hasn't helped.  I hate to do a factory reset because my system is running great right now and it seems silly to restart everything just because I can't see which devices are connected to the satellite.  Anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 21

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello tsutaz

Find the Ip address of those satellites in the attached devices then put that ip address into your web browser should be a 192.168.1.x address then you can see what is attached to that satellite.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 21

All Replies
Fullmoon815
Aspirant

I have the same issue. I attached a new computer to the Orbi satellite via wired connection. The connection is solid but the Attached Device screen did not register this device at all. Another issue is that some devices shown has two IP addresses. Is there a stealth mode?

Message 2 of 21
murchman
Apprentice

What firmware version is the satalite and router on?

Message 3 of 21
GaryInEdmond
Guide

Forgot to mention that key component.  This problem occurs in firmware 1.4.0.16.  I'm hoping this will be addressed before the next firmware update but they wont address it if they don't know about it.

Message 4 of 21
murchman
Apprentice

I did some testing on my units last night going from the Satalite to the router with multiple devices and refreshing the list of connected devices to both. Like you I re-named a number of my devices that I have multiple of or just didn't have friendly names. I wasn't able to replicate your issue as the list updated without an issue as the devices switched the connection.

I had a problem with the traffic counter not working after updating to 1.4.0.16 and had to start from scratch in order for it work correctly. Over the years Netgear firmware updates seems to always cause something to go south and I was hoping they had it under control after not using Netgear for a few years and just now coming back.

Message 5 of 21
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello GarylnEdmond

You should be able to connect to the main page via 192.168.1.1 and then click attached devices and see whats attached to the satellite. Also are you saying that devices show up as unknown?

DarrenM

Message 6 of 21

@DarrenM wrote:

Hello GarylnEdmond

You should be able to connect to the main page via 192.168.1.1 and then click attached devices and see whats attached to the satellite. Also are you saying that devices show up as unknown?

DarrenM

in the latest firmware the separate connected devices for sats has been removed and it just shows them all in 1 list , eg basic attached device list , the advanced device list has ether been removed or hidden

Message 7 of 21
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello peteytesting

You may be correct I looked at my orbi and it still shows them separate but this is likely because I had that feature enabled in the debug page before the update so for most people you are right they may not be able to see this I will ask about if this will change in the future.

DarrenM

Message 8 of 21
pkoike
Aspirant

I just finished upgrading my satellite to 1.4.0.16, and I no longer see the devices that are connected to the satellite,

but I know that there are some devices connected because I am using the satellite wired ethernet ports.

I hope they fix this, and provide a signal strength report for each IP address.

Message 9 of 21
Fullmoon815
Aspirant

After update the Satelitte firmaware to V1.4.0.16, it fixed my problems, no more duplicate IP address, nor stealth attached device.

Message 10 of 21
aguasch
Guide

I experience this problem on both the .16 and .34 firmware.  I connect directly to the ORBI Sat and the main screen shows devices are connected. However, when I click on "Connected Devices" it spins and does not display any data.  I have tried on EDGE, IE11 and Chrome so it is not a browser problem.

This is a good product and it is a shame that Netgear does not do a better job of cleaning up their software.  I also wish they would fix the Genie App to work properly with the ORBI.

Message 11 of 21
GaryInEdmond
Guide

I experienced the problem with multiple browsers in previous versions, however, the problem went away in version .34.

Message 12 of 21
aguasch
Guide

Through some trial and error, I discovered this problem only occurs when another condition occurs where odd MAC addresses are displayed in connected devices.  See this thread for more details https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Access-control-page-always-shows-one-deviced-blocked/m-p/12040...
Message 13 of 21
PoolBall
Guide

Go to the IP address of your satellite and login with same info as your Orbi Router

On the right side, RIGHT click the "Connected Devices"

Select "Open Link in New Tab"  (or) "Open Link in New Window"

Message 14 of 21
PoolBall
Guide

Go to the IP address of your satellite. Login with same credentials as your Orbi Router

RIGHT click on "Connected Devices"

Select "Open Link in New Tab"  (or) "Open Link in New Window"

New Tab or Window will show the information

If you go back to the satellite screen and left click on Connected Devices, it will work until you end your session.

Message 15 of 21
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

I have just tried to establish what devices are connected to my satellite.

Have got the IP from the router Attached Devices.

I log in to the satellite IP with the router sign in details no problem,

I get the Orbi logo and colours but it displays a message "Please wait a moment..." but it never resolves.

Have been on V1.10.1.2 since the auto update and have used this page since that update but now it will not display.

Message 16 of 21

try clearing yoour browser cache

Message 17 of 21
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Thanks, tried that - made no difference.

Message 18 of 21
tsutaz
Guide

I just installed an additional satellite ( RBS50 ). Firmware shows v1.10.1.2. This is my 2nd satellite. It's installed upstairs and trying to fill so low coverage spots upstairs. I've rebooted an imac and a sony playstation upstairs. I can't tell if they are on the new satellite?
Message 19 of 21
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello tsutaz

Find the Ip address of those satellites in the attached devices then put that ip address into your web browser should be a 192.168.1.x address then you can see what is attached to that satellite.

DarrenM

Message 20 of 21
tsutaz
Guide

Thanks Darren, Once I rebooted everything, the attached devices started showing up as expected. But I will try your idea as well.
Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7