Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi speedtests showing higher than other apps

Trainphilos
Follower

Orbi speedtests showing higher than other apps

I will start off with an apology if this particular topic has already been discussed. However I am still somewhat baffled. I have two identical iPads. When I do speedtests on both at the very same time, right next to each other and only four feet from the Orbi, the Orbi speedtest on one iPad will show around 500 Mbps. If I do the Ookla speedtest on the other one I get about 100 Mbps. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 17.02.12.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-17 at 17.01.41.pngI have Verizon Fios 1 Gigabit service and the Orbi is connected to the Verizon router via a Cat 6 cable. My hardwired iMac consistently shows speeds of around 980 Mbps. So what gives?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi speedtests showing higher than other apps

@Trainphilos wrote:

.................. I have two identical iPads. When I do speedtests on both at the very same time, right next to each other and only four feet from the Orbi, the Orbi speedtest on one iPad will show around 500 Mbps. If I do the Ookla speedtest on the other one I get about 100 Mbps. 

This has to do with the radio conditions each iPad is seeing. Can you please check the Link Rates that each of the iPads has under "Device List" in the Orbi app. Th eradio conditions and the device capabilities decide the link rate and consequently the throughput that each device can get.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7