Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi start up problems & Netflix / Prime download failure

Japett
Aspirant

Orbi start up problems & Netflix / Prime download failure

I just converted from a very slow ADSL connection to Fibre Optic with Orange in France and bought Orbi RBK23 to route the signal through the house via two satellites. One of the satellites has an ethernet cable running to the modem (Livebox).

My connection speed has improved vastly, but I have seemingly random problems:

1. When I try to access the support page I get error code 401 when clicking on some questions. 

2. I cannot access routerlogin.net. I get a message saying I'm being switched to 10.0.0.1 to avoid conflict and then dumped with error code 400.

3. I cannot access Netflix or Prime via Orbi, but can using the wifi from the Orange Livebox. I can access other TV streams.

4. My newspaper fails to download to the iPad unless I go through the Orange Livebox.

Am veteran (69) with some PC experience but very little networking knowledge so specific 'do this / that' type info will be easier to handle than jargon if thats possible.

Thanks

Jim

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi start up problems & Netflix / Prime download failure

Please mark your thread as solved so other will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Japett wrote:

Disabled the wifi on the Livebox ... all working fine now.

THANKYOU

Jim

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

The first step is usually to determine if the ISP device is "only a modem" or a WiFi/router/modem combination.

My sense from the description is that it is a modern combo device.

Trying to browse to http://routerlogin.net requires that name to be translated into an IP address, which is going to depend on which device you are connected to (and how).

If there is a Windows computer available that can be connected to the RBR20 with an ethernet cable, you can do this:

Open a "DOS Window".

Type ipconfig /all

This will reveal the IP of the computer and the IP of the gateway, which is the Orbi.

Open a web browser to http://<ip of gateway> to be connected to the Orbi web interface.

Having two routers back-to-back is often a source of problems.  Generally, there are two recommended solutions:

• Have the modem be "only a modem" by placing it into "bridge" or "passthrough" mode.
    Disable all router and WiFi functions on the modem.
    Rely on the Orbi for every connection in the house.  i.e. do not plug anything directly into the modem excep the Orbi.
  • Keep the modem as a router, but disable the WiFi function.
    Place the Orbi into access point (AP) mode.
    The ISP device will continue doing all the "router things", such as assigning IP addresses, looking up internet names, etc.
    The Orbi will handle all the WiFi connections.

Is this enough for a start?

Message 2 of 5
Japett
Aspirant

It certainly is ... a busy Sunday looms.

I managed to get through the routerlogin access problem by using Edge instead of Chrome. That's something already.

Thank you

Message 3 of 5
Japett
Aspirant

THANKYOU

Jim

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so other will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Japett wrote:

THANKYOU

Jim

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7