Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi stopped working unless i do a factory reset ORBI RBR20

nadavN
Aspirant

Orbi stopped working unless i do a factory reset ORBI RBR20

Hi , 

my ORBI mesh network was working great for 5 months ' but during the last month the internet connection stopps working every couple of days and cann't be set right unless performing a factory reset and redefine the network . 

this "fix" works well for about 2-3 days only. 

it has been really annoying especially because it worked fine for a few months ' right until the warrantly expired (which is only 3 -4 months) ... 

any suggestions ? 

please help ,

regards in advance , 

Nadav

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi stopped working unless i do a factory reset ORBI RBR20

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using? Try WPA2 and AES only.

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).
Disney Circle: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/WARNING-Firmware-2-2-1-210-is-junk/m-p/1667485/highlight/true#...
Be sure the BeamForming and MIMO are enabled.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? Just checking...

@nadavN wrote:

Hi , 

my ORBI mesh network was working great for 5 months ' but during the last month the internet connection stopps working every couple of days and cann't be set right unless performing a factory reset and redefine the network . 

this "fix" works well for about 2-3 days only. 

it has been really annoying especially because it worked fine for a few months ' right until the warrantly expired (which is only 3 -4 months) ... 

any suggestions ? 

please help ,

regards in advance , 

Nadav

Message 3 of 5
nadavN
Aspirant

Hi , 
thanks a lot , i've tried some of it (the Daisy Chain diasbling + the channel set to 11 ) , waiting to see if i have to change more (as i don't understand some of the definitions, i'd rather not change them all ) . 

the house in general is 140 m^2 (1 floor) , no neighbors nearby , again , i had no issues for the first 5 months , and nothing changed in the system or usage. 

in any case , in the meantime it seems to be working (i didn't reset to factory settings ' just changed the above + restarted) ., i'll wait and see if it holds up . 

Thanks! 

Nadav

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok Sounds good. 

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode? 

@nadavN wrote:

Hi , 
thanks a lot , i've tried some of it (the Daisy Chain diasbling + the channel set to 11 ) , waiting to see if i have to change more (as i don't understand some of the definitions, i'd rather not change them all ) . 

the house in general is 140 m^2 (1 floor) , no neighbors nearby , again , i had no issues for the first 5 months , and nothing changed in the system or usage. 

in any case , in the meantime it seems to be working (i didn't reset to factory settings ' just changed the above + restarted) ., i'll wait and see if it holds up . 

Thanks! 

Nadav

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7