Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi support of SMB2

Rbshevlin
Aspirant

Orbi support of SMB2

I just updated the firmware to 2.3.1.60 but I am still unable to acces shared folder from windows PC on an android device. When I attempt to it says that SMB 2.0 in needed and needs to be unlocked. I verified SMB 2.0 is supported on the PC. Someone else said that  the turned uPnP on/off and that solved the problem for them but it did nothing for my. Does Orbi support SMB2, and if not when are you going to get around to supporting it?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi support of SMB2

SMB is only a pass thru on the Orbi. SMB needs to be supported on the client side.

Message 2 of 4
Rbshevlin
Aspirant

Ok just so I’m clear, I have a folder on my Windows PC that has been setup as shared. I want to be able to see that folder (and file) from my android box which is on the same LAN. I know windows supports SMB2. Are you saying that it is the android box that does not support SMB2? How do I verify and rectify? Thank for you help!
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You would need to contact the Mfr of this device and ask them about SMB support. 

I presume that if you share out a folder on one PC and try to connect to it with another PC or laptop, it will see and be able to connect to it. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7