Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi system - Faulty LAN / switching design - Will NG ever fix it?

superczar
Apprentice

I have a little over 70 although majority are IoT devices with minimal traffic - not sure if this has anything to do with number of devices anyway.

I did some rewiring on my network last month (although nothing to do with this issue) and now there are 2X TP Link SG108e switches on the network 

Message 26 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok well, seesm that these swiches mention Green Ethernet on the overview but nothing said in the specs.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/8-port-switch/tl-sg108e/#specifications

Sounds like this works with Orbi AC for the most part. 

I would mark your thread as solves so others will know. 

@superczar wrote:

I have a little over 70 although majority are IoT devices with minimal traffic - not sure if this has anything to do with number of devices anyway.

I did some rewiring on my network last month (although nothing to do with this issue) and now there are 2X TP Link SG108e switches on the network 

Message 27 of 32
superczar
Apprentice

These are standard unmanaged switches althogh with some additional features like a webUI and support for VLAN tagging.

I do maintain that this has nothing to do with switches as one of the reasons I got these switches (as a replacement for the older dumb gigabit switches ) was to see if it helps with the issues - although obviously it didn't.

In any case, today's discussion triggered me to switch over to the Voxel CFW.

It's running stable although still too early to comment (Been just a few hours)

I doubt that this will be any worse than default though.

Message 28 of 32
Mstrbig
Master

@superczar wrote:

In any case, today's discussion triggered me to switch over to the Voxel CFW.

It's running stable although still too early to comment (Been just a few hours)

I doubt that this will be any worse than default though.

Let me know how the Voxel firmware works out. Sometimes 3rd party firmware offers better and faster support and fixes over the actual manufacturer firmware. DD-WRT is that way. Every modem we installed that supported it, got the latest stable firmware becuse it was so much better. 

I wish DD-WRT would come up with Orbi firmware, because their Netgear version firmware was great.

Message 29 of 32
superczar
Apprentice

@MS , @FURRYe38 

It's been more than a week since i loaded Voxel and the system hasnt needed a restart.

I will take that as a win!

Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 32
Mstrbig
Master

@superczar wrote:

@MS , @FURRYe38 

It's been more than a week since i loaded Voxel and the system hasnt needed a restart.

Smiley Happy

Great to hear. It's funny because many of the Netgear routers we install get changed over to DD-WRT firmware. 

Message 31 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Glad his FW is workin great for ya. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@superczar wrote:

Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7