Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi system is a dumpster fire

lohki82
Guide

Orbi system is a dumpster fire

... I am so tired of this router and multiple daily disconnect and restarts.  Multiple times a day I lose internet connectivity and have to wait for Orbi to reboot.  I'm using the RBK40 system with 1 satellite - I've disabled daisy chain topology to no avail.  I wish I could read my logs but of course they are deleted and wiped after every reset for some reason.  It doesn't seem my CPU % is getting above 10% when I spot check /debug.htm

I'm ready to return it and go back to my 4 year old D-Link 860 tube...  This premium router is a joke.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi system is a dumpster fire

Are you on the latest firmware 2.1.2.18? Have you updated all of your google/android devices connected to the network?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
Randy771
Aspirant

I dont know about the op but I certainly have.  I have a BR50 and 4 BS50's and I ran the beta as well as .18 and iIe had nothing but isues.  Can I get a recommendation as to the last stable firmware release?

Message 3 of 5
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm on 2.1.2.18 and it's been fairley stable for me as for many others. May I suggest you re-run the code update on all your satellites first then the router. clear your settings and reset up clean. Also for good measure turn off UPNP. Shut down your RBS's and try seeing if the router is stable, then slowly bring the RBS's on one by one. It must be something in your environment that is triggering the instability. Not to say that Netgear is not responsible for making it stable with any environmental conditions - but I think by modifying your environment you can get to a stable system like many of us are enjoying.

Message 4 of 5
timch
Luminary

Really stable for me too, been up a week now on the latest firmware and not a glitch.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7