Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi system

Docdees
Aspirant

Orbi system

I have the prior version of Orbi RBR 53S - 100 NAS and am replacing it with the new 6 version. Question on if the Outdoor Orbi Satellite in the small plug-in RV satellite are compatible with the new system.
Message 1 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi system

@Docdees wrote:
I have the prior version of Orbi RBR 53S - 100 NAS and am replacing it with the new 6 version. Question on if the Outdoor Orbi Satellite in the small plug-in RV satellite are compatible with the new system.

Can you be more specific? What model are you choosing to get that will replace the RBK53 system?

Orbi AC WiFi satellites such as the Orbi RBS50Y Outdoor Satellite, Orbi RBS40V Voice, and Orbi RBW30 Wall-Plug Satellite are not compatible with Orbi WiFi 6 Systems.

Message 2 of 6
Docdees
Aspirant

Is there a new version of the outdoor Orbi and the plug in that works with the new 6 system?
I just spoke to Netgear support and they said they were comparable?
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

IF you configure the RBSY for Extender mode, then this should work with the new system. NG doesn't have a wifi 6 satellite as of yet on the market. 

@Docdees wrote:
Is there a new version of the outdoor Orbi and the plug in that works with the new 6 system?
I just spoke to Netgear support and they said they were comparable?

Message 4 of 6
Docdees
Aspirant

How do I configure the RBSY for Extender mode?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

IF you still have the RBSY connected to a Orbi AC system, this would be the best way to get the RBSY extender mode FW loaded first on the unit. There are two mode FWs available, Orbi and Extender mode. You need extender mode on the RBSY first. Then use the RBSYs web page to configure the unit to connect to the host wifi. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7