Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi the almost perfect tri band system.

NomadTanker
Tutor

Orbi the almost perfect tri band system.

I've been a big fan of Orbi since it's release. I try all the top name brand routers. I own a computer business and sell several Orbi's each month. My customers are seeing commericals on tv and the internet about express vpn or nord vpn. Fear is a powerful medium to sell. The Orbi would of been a great fit in their large multi floor home. But because they wanted a router with vpn options. I had no choice but to sell them a router that worked well with Nord. 

Media will continue to fear monger and promote VPN usage. Please upgrade your firmware to include vpn options like Nord, expressvpn and others.

Thank you for the almost perfect mesh router!

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The Orbi as a AP mode feature that perspective customers could use on the Orbi with a different model router that works well with 3rd party VPNs. This would bring Orbi wireless MESH to there current or VPN supporting router.

Message 2 of 4
NomadTanker
Tutor

Yes adding another vpn frienldy router would work. However you are adding more expense. Most customers would not be pleased with that fact. Another device to malfunction, waste electricty & space on. Consumers just want there whole house wifi to work 24/7/365 with no hassles. Orbi is just that for the average house hold. But lacks a very impotant security feature. They are losing money because of it.

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes of course however it's still an option.

I believe Orbi only supports OpenVPN. Something NG chooses.

Good Luck.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7