Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi throttling each ethernet port speed?

pwole
Aspirant

Orbi throttling each ethernet port speed?

I have the CBR40 modem/router combo and RBS20 sattelite. I currently pay for  330mbs connection through RCN. I've realized that i only get 330mbs plus if i connect my laptop to the first and second ethernet port. When i connect to the third or fourth ethernet port, my speeds get throttled down to about 95mbs. I have factory reset the CBR40, the same problem exists. Anyone has a solution to this?

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi throttling each ethernet port speed?

IF 2 of the 4 ports are working and the 3rd and 4th ones are not, this would indicate a HW issue with the CBR40. It would need to be replaced. You'll need to contact NG support about this and ask for an RMA or return the unit to place of purchase and get another. 

You can file a support ticket here:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

Reminder to post about any CBK40 issues here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

@pwole wrote:

I have the CBR40 modem/router combo and RBS20 sattelite. I currently pay for  330mbs connection through RCN. I've realized that i only get 330mbs plus if i connect my laptop to the first and second ethernet port. When i connect to the third or fourth ethernet port, my speeds get throttled down to about 95mbs. I have factory reset the CBR40, the same problem exists. Anyone has a solution to this?

Message 2 of 4
Chuck_M
Mentor

Just for our collective knowledge, what version of firmware are you on?

Message 3 of 4
pwole
Aspirant

Currently running on V2.2.1.210

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7