Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi to DC112a

stacyclayton
Follower

Orbi to DC112a

Is it possible to connect the Orbi to a Netgear DC112A Aircard Cradle?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi to DC112a

@thombe wrote:

i'd disable wifi and setup orbi as AP.

Correct @thombe , this is one option (disable wifi in theDC112a and setup Orbi in AP Mode).

Another option is to keep Orbi in Router Mode and set the DC112a in Bridge Mode as you can see in page 71 of the DC112a manual.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
thombe
Apprentice

i can't see why not.
I have one of these it just acts as a normal router,.

hopefully someone here who actually knows can tell you for sure though.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

I recommend AP #(3), mode as suggested...

@stacyclayton wrote:

Is it possible to connect the Orbi to a Netgear DC112A Aircard Cradle?

Message 3 of 4
ekhalil
Master

@thombe wrote:

Correct @thombe , this is one option (disable wifi in theDC112a and setup Orbi in AP Mode).

Another option is to keep Orbi in Router Mode and set the DC112a in Bridge Mode as you can see in page 71 of the DC112a manual.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7