Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi updated to V2.1.2.18

Orbi updated to V2.1.2.18

My orbi has been reliable until yesterday Jan 20, 2018.  FIrmware is up to date and is V2.1.2.18 on both the RBR and two RBS satellites.  

I don't know whats going on but my router appears to be rebooting very often.  My network is no longer stable and wifi is pretty much useless.

I factory reset all three devices, was able to setup Orbi like new without any issues and within 15 minutes the wifi failed again and the router appears to go missing on the network.

Running a continuous ping against the three Orbi devices I see dropped packets pretty often along with the router going missing followed by the satellites.  When the router reappears the satellites will reconnect and function until the next time the router spontaneously reboots.

Ugh, this used to work... been using Orbi for just over three months... apparently I am not alone.... What's the fix roll back to a specific version?  If so which one?

Frustrated in MD, looking for help.  

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi updated to V2.1.2.18

Do you happen to have a bunch on android/google devices connected to the network? if so there is a know issue with the devices crashing the router google is working on a fix for these issues. Netgear is also working with google on the issues.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3

Re: Orbi updated to V2.1.2.18

Definitely using Android phones Samsung S8, s6 along with Galaxy Tab and a whole bunch of other devices including Apple computers, and iOS devices. Approximately 40 wifi devices at any given time.

Wasn't sure about the Samsung vs google specific problems, if they were in any way related. My problem didn't start until this past Saturday when the router started rebooting and the network became unreliable.
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7