Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi using Uverse and Slingbox 500

russellmoran99
Luminary

Orbi using Uverse and Slingbox 500

I have an Orbi system behind a Uverse Motorola NVG589.  I have read the directions and turned my Uverse modem into bridge mode as much as allowed.  (see here

I am not 100% I have done it correctly, so I have taken screen shots of my Uverse and Orbi setup. 

The problem is, I am having difficutlies with getting my Slingbox 500 (192.168.1.182) to work outside of my home network.  This was working with my previous setup.  I previously had a Nightgear Nighthawk as an AccessPoint and the Uverse router being the router.

Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_9198.PNG

IMG_9199.PNG

IMG_9200.PNG

IMG_9201.PNG

IMG_9202.PNG

IMG_9203.PNG

IMG_9204.PNG

IMG_9205.PNG

IMG_9206.PNG

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@russellmoran99 wrote:

I have an Orbi system behind a Uverse Motorola NVG589.  I have read the directions and turned my Uverse modem into bridge mode as much as allowed.  (see here

I am not 100% I have done it correctly, so I have taken screen shots of my Uverse and Orbi setup. 

The problem is, I am having difficutlies with getting my Slingbox 500 (192.168.1.182) to work outside of my home network.  This was working with my previous setup.  I previously had a Nightgear Nighthawk as an AccessPoint and the Uverse router being the router.

It looks like the Uverse is now set to use 192.168.2.x addresses, but you are forwarding to 192.168.1.x addresses.

If you are using Orbi as a router, you need to forward all those ports in the Uverse to the Orbi.  Then set up forwarding in the Orbi to get them to the real destinations.

BTW, your images are still in the moderator queue for approval - that might be because they show your public IP address.  Most people won't be able to see them until they are approved.

Message 2 of 7
russellmoran99
Luminary

Correct, my Uverse is set to 192.168.2.X and my Orbi is 192.168.1.X.  According the link I posted above, that's what I believe it told me to do.  Am I incorrect?

Message 3 of 7

if you upostream device is bridged why are you setting the orbi to a static ip address ? in most cases even if you have a static ip address with your isp you still use dynamic ip on the wan connection as the ip address you get is just reserved at the isp

Message 4 of 7
russellmoran99
Luminary

The Motorola Uverse device does not have a bridge mode. If I'm reading the directions correctly from the above link I posted, I have to set the static IP because I am using the Uverse as a Passthrough. When I set it up as automatic IP it gets a 192 IP address and I don't think the Internet sees it correctly. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Message 5 of 7

you shouldnt be able to passthrough the nat , what you should do is set the orbi to reserved ip address in the Uverse and then dmz it

Message 6 of 7
russellmoran99
Luminary

How would I do that? Is that what the directions said and I missed it or are the directions not correct? I do not know what that means, but if that works I'm all for it. How do I do it?
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7