Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi w ATT

Gwaynee
Aspirant

Orbi w ATT

Currently running(3)  Airport Extremes hard wired into ATT 5268 ROuter with 1gb fiber. ? Wanting to elimante AE and replace with three pack ORBI

to create a stable and fast wifi experince. 3000 sq ft house with Office in converted garage detached from main house. 

Midddle of House is where ATT router is located . AE's are as follows but all are hard wired into Router and each has same Network name, password and location it serves. But seperate networks.

Front of house AE# 1 

Middle of House AE#2(closet)

Garge office not attached to house AE#3

My main ? is can the Orbi SATelite untis which would correspond and replace my current AE#1 & AE#3 be hard wired into either

A) Orbi Router which will be hard wired into ATT router or 

B)or hard wired into ATT router

Which is best for overall perfromance?

My goal is to have seemless wifi geting the most out of my 1gb Fiber ISP.  Also where my Ethernet outputs are are in LIVing Room and GArage office and of courdse in closet where my ISP router is and must stay.

I have been reading alot on ORBI and my friend swears by it but I have not come across the hard wired question or an answer as of yet to the SATS being hard wired?

Thanks for any advice this communitiy can offer before I make the purchase.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
st_shaw
Master

Re: Orbi w ATT

Satellites cannot be wired. The signal cannot hop through adjacent satellites either. (It's not a mesh.) Each satellite must establish a 5 GHz link directly to the router. There is a chance these features might emerge in future firmware, but there is no guarantee and no timeline for that.

If you already have multiple AEs wired to the router, then it's not clear you would see any improvement with Orbi, unless the AEs are in poor locations and cannot be moved.  The AEs reportedly offer faster peak throughput as well.  Think carefully about what you hope to achieve from the switch and do some research to make sure you'll get it.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7