Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi wifi - Can't see 'Synology NAS shared folder & Media Server' on Network section

subindesign
Follower

Orbi wifi - Can't see 'Synology NAS shared folder & Media Server' on Network section

RBK20

Can't see 'Synology NAS shared folder & Media Server' on Network section(13' MacBook pro 2017 / 15' MacBook pro 2018 / 27' iMac 2009) when I connect with Orbi RBK20 wifi. (but can access NAS through SMB or AFP manually)

However, When I connect with router wifi or ethernet cable directly then it showing immediately 'Synology NAS shared folder & Media Server' on Network.

Here is my network setup

1. Internet cable from the wall socket to 'TP-Link VR1600v (TPG) Router' and disabled 2.5GHz/5GHz wifi on the router setup
2. 'Synology NAS DS218J' connected to the router directly using an ethernet cable
3. 'Netgear Orbi RBK20' connected to the router directly using an ethernet cable and enabled 2.5GHz/5GHz wifi on the orbi setup

Does anyone come across the same issue?

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi wifi - Can't see 'Synology NAS shared folder & Media Server' on Network section

- Is UPnP enabled in Orbi?
- I also see that you're having two routers in your network (the TP-Link and Orbi) which is not optimum. The ISP router should be bridged or the Orbi should be changed to AP Mode.
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the NAS connected to the TPLink router or the Orbi router? 

Take the TPLink router out of the mix and connect the internet from the wall out let to the Orbi Router. Ensure the NAS and Mac PC is directly connected to the back of the Orbi router. Check the connection then...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7