Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi wifi extremely slow to connect

kdeemer
Tutor

Orbi wifi extremely slow to connect

I have the three node Costco system and am getting very good coverage in my home. A speed test shows more than 50MB up and down. But when I try to  load a web page or a video, it is painfully slow. Sometimes more than 30 sec just to load a page. Sometimes they even time out.  If I disable wifi on my phone or iPad, they connect instantly. Any ideas on what could be responsible for the bottlenecks?

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi wifi extremely slow to connect

Hello Kdeemer

What Firmware are you on I know of some issues with IOS devices on .18 you may want to go to the .16 firmware and see if that resolves the issue.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
JMU1998
Luminary

is netgear aware of the inconsistent and unstability for iOS devices? Will this be addressed in next Firmware?  I have to reboot frequently to maintain stable connections on iOS devices, this not expected from a $400 router.

Message 3 of 6
Hydro130
Luminary

I have a iPhone SE and iPhone 6 (both on 10.2) in addition to a couple Apple laptops.  

With the Orbi, I've never noticed a dropped connection or slow speeds on any of those Apple devices (or any other devices).  

I am curently on the latest f/w for the Orbi - evetrything is working consistently at best speeds (provisioned + ~20%).

Message 4 of 6
amarzano
Tutor

I'm sorry to bring an older thread back to life - but I am seeing the same issue.  I'm on the latest FIrmware and when I browse a page it will render very slowly.  This is with Yahoo as well as others.  Are there any settings I might have missed to help with this?

i am all Mac and also have the joy of the disconnect issue...

thank you..

Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello amarzano

Have you tried to adjust the wireless channel on the router? Have you ran a speed test on the devices that are loading pages slow?

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7