Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi wired connection to sattelite wanlan conflict

ThatOneDude
Aspirant

Orbi wired connection to sattelite wanlan conflict

A few days back, I had to reset our router because the internet was acting weird. I have a modem/router provided by Comcast (Cisco DPC3941T). Ever since then, on one computer, I am repeatedly getting a BRS_wanlan_conflict error whenever I try to connect to a webpage that is not https. This computer is connected to the Orbi sattelite (RBS20) via ethernet. No other computers in the home are wired into either the sattelite or the router (Orbi RBR20)  itself. None of them are getting the same issue, either. I have tried switching the Comcast router to bridge mode, but that did not solve the issue. What else might be happening? 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

A similar issue was resolved recently in this post: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/BRS-wanlan-conflict-html-with-orbi-and-connecting-to-webpages/... 

Could this be a similar issue?

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

When you set bridge mode, did you reconfigure router mode on the RBR? 

What is the default IP address of the ISP modem when in router mode? 192.168.1.1 by chance? 

@ThatOneDude wrote:

A few days back, I had to reset our router because the internet was acting weird. I have a modem/router provided by Comcast (Cisco DPC3941T). Ever since then, on one computer, I am repeatedly getting a BRS_wanlan_conflict error whenever I try to connect to a webpage that is not https. This computer is connected to the Orbi sattelite (RBS20) via ethernet. No other computers in the home are wired into either the sattelite or the router (Orbi RBR20)  itself. None of them are getting the same issue, either. I have tried switching the Comcast router to bridge mode, but that did not solve the issue. What else might be happening? 

Message 3 of 5
ThatOneDude
Aspirant

A factory reset has not been done yet. I did reconfigure the router settings for the Orbi when the modem was in bridge more. And the defaukt IP is not 192.168.1.1
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you sure the modem is fully bridged? If it is, the WAN port IP address on the RBR will be a ##.##.###.### kind of address, not a 192 or 172 or a 10 IP address. 

Try a full on reset and setup from scratch on the Orbi if you know for sure the modem is fully bridged. 

What is the LAN side IP address for the RBR now? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7