Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi wireless devices are connected but only wired devices show up

Balthusard
Aspirant

Orbi wireless devices are connected but only wired devices show up

My wireless is working well .. one modem, three satellites.  Two of the satellites are wired and the third wireless.  Only wired satellites and devices show up; the wireless satellite and all wireless connections do not show up but they are connected.  See the attached screenshot.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?  

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi wireless devices are connected but only wired devices show up

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Is Daisy Chain enabled? If so, try disableing it. 

Or try this, Turn OFF the wired RBS, disconnect or remove the wireless RBS from the RBR, reboot. Factory reset the wireless RBS while in the same room as the RBR and re-sync it. Check the RBRs status for the wireless RBS. Should appear. Let us know.

Message 2 of 4
Balthusard
Aspirant

Firmware:  Router and RBS50 SatsV2.5.1.8; RBS40 Satellite V2.3.5.30.

No daisychain

I'm very reluctant to reset.  In my experience it can take hours for these things to detect the wired network. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Just reset the RBS thats wireless only. Don't reset the RBR or the wired RBS. 

Just see if the wireless RBS will show up as a wireless connection with the RBR first. 

If any of your wireless devices like phone or pads connected to the wired RBS, they will appear in the RBRs web page as wired devices. Since the main channel and connection flows over the wired connection between the RBR and wired RBS. This is expected. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7